Sunday, February 22, 2009

We're bloggers!


























We finally did it. We got a blog. We thought we would share some pictures from Mexico and spread some news. Most of our trip was spent checking out the ruins. They are amazing. I can't believe they have been there for over a thousand years. The Mayans must have been in good shape. After climbing the ruins, Preston and I were sweating like crazy. Some of the temples were really tall. I am a little afraid of heights, and Preston thought it was so funny to take pictures of me coming down because I could only go down the stairs one foot at a time.








We got to see a lot of cool ruins. The first ones we saw were out in the open with some trees surrounding the outside of the ruins. The others that we saw were right in the middle of the jungle.




Preston At Chichen Itza. We couldn't climb this one.




One set of ruins were located right on a cliff that overlooked the ocean. The ocean there is so blue and pretty. We got to go there on my birthday. After looking at the ruins, we went down to the beach. I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday than with my husband on the beach. I'll save you all from those pictures. No one wants to see me in a swimsuit. On Thursday we went to the country of Belize. To get to those ruins we had to take a boat up the river. This was one of my favorite parts of the trip. We got to see a lot of wild life. We saw all sorts of cranes and other birds, bats, a few turtles, a spider monkey (that we got to feed a banana to), and even a crocodile.


This crocodile just sat there and let us take pictures of him.


I won't bore you with anymore pictures of our trip. We do have some news to share. On Sunday Preston was called to be the 1st Councelor in the Bishopric and was ordained to a High Priest. We're not sure how we feel about it yet. But I know that Preston will fulfill his calling to the fullest. It's me who is not sure how I'm going to survive Sacrament Meeting every Sunday. Especially when I'm up on the stand playing the organ. I'd be okay if the new bishopric got rid of that calling.


One last thing. Right before we left for Mexico, Tyson started to take a few steps. When we got back, we found out that we had a little walker. He's still a little shaky, but he walks all over the place. I think all of our kids grew 3 inches while we were gone. They look so big and old. It's kind of sad.

This isn't a picture of him walking, but isn't he cute?

Anyway, that's all for today.


3 comments:

  1. Just checking to see if this works. We had someone tells us that it wasn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you are part of the blogging cult. Don't worry about posting too many pictures #1 its your blog so do whatever you want and #2 there is no such thing as too many pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, there is nothing wrong with posting pictures of your kids and family. If there was I would be in trouble. I say post whatever you want and if we don't want to look we won't. Oh Tami, sorry we missed your birthday, but I bet you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete