Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Preston's Rough Day


I guess the nice relaxing weekend had to end sometime and real life would start again.  Preston has been playing basketball every morning at 5:30.  This morning he came back limping. He came down on someone's foot and sprained his ankle.  That was the way the day started.  A few hours later, I went outside in the backyard and started weedeating.  Preston put on an ankle brace and thought he would help me by mowing down some of our weeds. (For anyone who has seen our backyard, you know we have a jungle in our backyard made of weeds.)  I heard the lawn mower make a funny noise and stop.  I looked over to see Preston turn it off and turn it over to look at it.  Then a minute later, I heard him yell.  Long story short, the mower was off, but when he moved the thing that was caught in the blade, it came down and sliced 3 of his fingers.  After a trip to the hospital and some medical super glue, this is what his fingers looked like.  The picture doesn't do justice to the injuries.  The cuts are pretty deep.  Each one cut down deep and cut through where his fingernails were growing under the skin.  He's starting to really feel it now.
  I had let the kids turn on the hose and play with the water while they jumped on the tramp while I was working on the yard.  So when we had the little accident, I had forgotten all about the water.  My sister had come over to watch the kids while we were gone.  Kate was asleep in the house, so my sister stayed  inside with her. When we came back from the hospital, we went outside and this is what we  found.
They had made their own little backyard mud pond
Every inch of them is covered in mud
They had a ball
I tried to take a couple of pictures of Tyson and right when I snapped one, he put a muddy spoonful of water in his mouth.  Yuck!
So that was our day today.  Pretty rough for Preston.  But fun for the kids.

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your mud pond. I have always wanted one of those. I will bear witness that his fingers do look kind of yucky. When I saw him he looked all pale and sick. Hopefully they heal fast so he can get back to playing basketball every morning so Sterling doesn't have to go alone.
    Oh and thanks for letting us borrow your truck yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man that is sad! hope it does not get infected. And luckily you did not end up with a basement flooded!

    ReplyDelete