Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Today's "Tyson of the day"

I don't have any pictures this time.  Preston has my camera at work.  I thought I would write a quick blog to tell about the "Tyson of the day".  I thought I would do something besides watching TV, so I turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and then went outside to mow the front lawn.  My kids are TV zombies, so I figured the show would keep them busy long enough for me to get it done. We don't have a very big front yard so it only took me about 15 minutes.  When I came back in, I found the "Tyson of the day".  Apparently the show didn't distract the one I wanted it to.  I went to my bedroom and found that Tyson had gone to the fridge, gotten out the left over creamed peas, and had taken them back to my room to eat.  They were spilled all over my comforter on my bed.  Besides the peas, there was some other white smears.  Those same smears were on the nightstand and the recliner.  On the floor by the recliner I found the half empty tube of toothpaste.  From the bedroom I walked into the family room to find Kate's saucer filled with salt.  The salt trail continued from the saucer to the bench of the fireplace.  From there it continued into the kitchen where it ended and the empty salt container lay.  He dumped out a full container of salt.  By this time I was pretty frustrated and went and found Tyson. When he turned around to see me, he had a white skunk-like streak from his forehead to the back of his head.  In his hand he had my deodorant.  It's amazing what a 2 year old can do in 15 minutes.  The other 2 kids didn't even notice he had done anything because they were glued to the TV.  I guess that's what I get for using the TV as a babysitter.  From now on, I'll leave the lawn mowing to Preston.

3 comments:

  1. That Tyson...gotta love him. I love your new blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami - It must be in the air today!! I walked in the kitchen a couple hours ago and Jackie had colored my ENTIRE counter with marker!! Luckily they were crayola washables. Even so, you probably heard me yell, "JACKIE" all the way over to your house. :) I am so sorry for your mess. I hate it when a 15 minute distraction turns into a 2 hour clean up!! Hang in there - love your guts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every family has to have at least one of those kids. Yesterday Jonah had a day like that. It involved a potty accident, an upturned pan of cornbread and other various messes. As if we really had time for "extra" cleaning. :)

    ReplyDelete