Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Kayson!

Sunday was Kayson's 7th birthday.  I can't believe that I have a kid that old.  It makes me sad that he's growing up so fast.  But on the other hand, I have 4 kids and if they all stayed little I think I would go crazy.  I'm already border line crazy as it is.  Since it's his birthday, I thought I'd brag and give a few little highlights on his life.  He was born on August 15th 2003 by C-section after 31 hours of labor.  He learned how to crawl at 11 months.  A little slow, but learned how to walk the next month.  He learned all the names and sounds of the alphabet at the age of two after watching "The letter factory" only 3 times.  At the age of 3, he taught himself how to read.  At age 4 he had gone fishing enough times with his dad and grandpa that he knew how to cast an open-faced reel all by himself.  At age 5, Kayson learned how to ride a two-wheeler.  At age six, Kayson finished top of his class in Kindergarten.  He also got interested in math and started to learn his times tables. At age 7, Kayson is the big helper around the house.  Every morning when his baby sister wakes up, he runs into her room, gets her out of her crib, brings her down to her mom, and then makes her a bottle.  He also changes the laundry from the washer to the dryer for his mom.  That is just a few little highlights of his life.  Kayson you are amazing.  We love you so much.  Happy Birthday!
  
I just noticed that these are a little out of order.  Here's the birthday boy with his brothers with all of his gifts.  He really was a lot happier than he looks.
Kate loved watching Kayson open his presents
On Sunday we had all the extended family over that lived in town and had cake and ice cream. 
Kate liked the balloons we had all over the house.
We were all beat from all the fun, especially Dad. 
Birthday party # 2
Today we had another birthday party.  Sunday was for family, and Monday was for friends.  I was a little frazzled trying to get everything ready and I forgot my camera.  Lucky for me, my sister-in-law Jennifer came and saved the day.  She came first thing in the morning and helped bake, decorate and babysit for me.  She was a life saver.  Thanks Jen!
We played pin the baseball on the catcher's glove.  I don't know what it is, but Kayson really likes this game, so every birthday we make a new poster and something to pin on it.  Last year we played pin the eye patch on the pirate.  I'm glad he's not that picky about what the picture looks like because his mom isn't that great of an artist.

I think the party turned out really well.  The kids all seemed like they had a good time.  We had a pinata, ate more cake and ice cream, and each of the kids left with a bag of party favors and a whole bunch of candy.  I was a good day for everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Kayson - What a fun birthday buddy! I am so sad that I was not there. I hope you had a great day. Your mom is right, you are getting so old!

    Tami - I love the review of his life! He is such a great kid! You are such a great mom!

    Love you all! Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. your cake is awesome - who made that awesome thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake turned out cute-I am glad you decided to go all fancy with it. I think I am going to start my own baking, decorating, and babysitting business. It was a fun day, I am glad I got to help.

    ReplyDelete